Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am sorry, sorry for my lack of blogging over the past few weeks. I guess I've just been caught up in life and all of the twists and turns it throws my way and as a consequence my blog has suffered. Needless to say, a lot has been happening both on and off the bike since my last report about the Glen Innes to Inverell Classic such as school, work and much more racing! So here's whats been going down racing wise:

- Amy Gillett Cup: Mansfield to Mt Buller 16/10/08
- McCarroll's NSW Criterium Championships 18/10/08
- Canberra Cycling Club and Tuggeranong Vikings Club Championships 19/10/08
- and a couple of Club Criteriums

Off the bike, I've enjoyed the pleasures that being 18 offers, trying my hardest to keep motivated at school but with the end being only 4 weeks off its time i stick my head down and just plough on through and the exciting news of the day is that i have finally ordered my new bike! That's right, in only a matter of short weeks a brand new Trek 6.9pro should be heading my way :) now if that's not motivation enough to go out and train, i don't know what is :P but it is safe to say that I'll be needing extra shifts at work to pay for my little hobby as these things don't come cheap! But it will all be worth it, I'm sure :)

Anyway, this is only a short post just to say that yes, i'm still alive and well and I will upload race reports and photos of goings on over the next few days! Just after I finish my English essay and my oral which is due at the end of the week :S wish me luck!!





Just a glimpse of some of the stuff I've been up to in my absence :P Hanging out with probably some of the coolest people I know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Miffy, your blog site here is very professional and informative.
I enjoyed reading your honest writeups and followed your success in the USA.
I wish you success with your cycling, further studies and also with your life in general.
It is a tragedy which occured towards the end of your trip with your coach RL. I am so sorry for you all, and what you had to go through at the end, to pull it off and return home safely.
We all have a lesson to take from this incident and use it as an inspiration to make us better people, right? I seek or ask nothing of you, as you don't even know me, but I had followed the squad's USA trip closely and see a young person up and coming. I know for a fact and state here to you, that due to another adult's decisions about the incident..you had all been told to abstain from making any further contact with your coach who had brought you there. I hold nothing against you, and understand that things happened for reasons. All charges have been dropped against RL. His dedicated believers are breathing a sigh of relief that we trusted our hearts and stood by him. Looking beyond his moral fault which he has admitted to and deeply regrets, RL did dedicate his life fully to cycling and development of talented riders, such as yourself. He is now rebuilding his life, but in a much different way, as he sees fit. The situation has made him a much better and happier human being on the inside. He is not angry with those who chose to stay away...after all, we all have our own reasons why we do things, right? Thank you for sharing your thoughts and write ups, and god bless! Continue withy the great cycling!
sincerely,

"Cycle and be Happy"

PS. Should you wish to make contact with him, to say hello, I can provide you with his email. He has been so happy to receive messages from those he knew in the past, "those with genuine intent". Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Nov 26, 2008

Hello Miffy,

Sometimes, we do things unexplainably, which down deep inside we just feel we must do. I had that same feeling when I posted my Nov 20th comment to you. Another great coincidence I say. I ask myself "why your blog of all people" and "why me?".

I have stopped trying to figure this out long ago, but I can honestly share with you that Rick was so elated to hear from you yesterday, and spoke highly of you and your email to him. I told him how so coincidental and shared with him my last week's posting to you. Life is strange and funny.

Thank you for being you, Miffy!
Keep up the great work.

All the best,

Cycle and be Happy :)

P.S. I know I will be hearing plenty more about you from Rick. He is so happy with your success and being an influence in the direction you are heading in.

Anonymous said...

Hi Miffy
I have been following your results and you certainly have moved to another level. Always respect your competition, but never ever look up to them ok...

You have great talent, but above all you have the desire and passion, this will see you move past those with just "class". Class will only get an athlete so far, it is the love and passion and dedication that moves you to a new playing field.

take care

RL