Thursday, November 20, 2008

The New Bicycle

It's finally here, my new bike! When I got the call up saying it had arrived, I thought they were playing a sick joke on me after they said it wouldn't be arriving t'ill close to Christmas! But it turns out they weren't but I wanted to see it for myself so I rushed over to the shop and sure enough there was a box there with my name written on it. I'm not going to lie, I fought back tears when Tim pulled it out of the box, i'm not quite sure people realise how long i've been waiting for his bike and to me it was an indication that things were going to get better and getting this bike was the first step in the right direction.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank James Collins at Trek for looking after me and of course Tim and everyone at the RideShop for all of their support, without their help this sexy looking machine wouldn't have been possible!

So heres the low down on the new bike:

Frame: Trek Madone 6.9pro frameset in the Astana paint job

Groupset: SRAM Red

Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 10 Speed 165mm 39/52 with SRM Powermeter (well will have the SRM on it once we get it modified to fit the Trek's new BB)

Wheels: Zipp 404

Frame Size: 50cm

Saddle: Selle Italia Diva

Bidon Cages: Elite Carbon

Stem: PRO Vibe 80mm

Bars: Shimano PRO PLT Compact 40cm

Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace

Will upload personal photos shortly, but here is what it looks like!

No comments: