Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OK so maybe i’m freaking out, just ever so slightly, at the fact that i am leaving the country tomorrow... for 3months.

On one hand i’m excited because I am finally going to be able to race in Europe! But on the other hand i’d be lying if I said i wasn’t scared of the unknown, and what lies ahead! Sure, plenty of people have done it – jumped on a plane headed somewhere they have merely seen on a map, stay with people who they have never met, and put everything on hold to chase a dream - but for some reason it isn’t making it any more unnerving! But the potential gains from my trip are far outweighing the losses and i’m sure the moment I jump on that plane, my brain is going to realise this too :)

Over the past week I have been simply trying to tie off my loose ends before i leave. My personalised kit arrived and it looks great! I stoked with it and am really thankful to Champion Systems for being able to manufacture it in my limited time frame – it has turned out a treat!





I also competed in my first race since Nationals in January, a good old Canberra Club race from Stromlo Forrest Park to Fairlight rd and back, twice. Any Canberra rider would probably agree that it was a great way to get myself back into racing! So it didn’t go as well as i’d hoped, but it is always good to get that first race back under your belt and it turned out to be a great workout as well, can’t wait to see what I can pull out in a couple of weeks!
As the temperature has continued to drop in Canberra, I have spent my last few days sitting on the ergo inside, not my preferred way to train but at least i am staying warm as the last thing I want to do is get sick before i leave!


Now all that is left for me to do is finish packing my bag – which reminds me, note to self: PACK MY PASSPORT! Get a good book, fit my new handlebars and purchase some extra baggage allowance... I have a feeling that I will be needing more than the 20kg Cathay Pacific are kindly offering me :S


Thinking about my trip now, i’m stoked! I have received lovely words of encouragement which have really brightened me up!! I know that one of the main keys to success is to believe in yourself but it is great to know that other people out there believe in me too :) I am looking forward to starting this new chapter in my life and have no doubt that it will bring many new experiences, challenges and opportunities. Whatever it brings i’ll be ready..... so bring it.


My next post will hopefully see me safe and sound on the other side of the world...
So for the last time in Australia for 3 months, take care
xx

No comments: