Sunday, April 25, 2010

A new look for a new beginning :)

One of the little projects I have been working on for a couple of months is in the final in stages of completion, and not a minute to soon!

Upon hearing the news that I would not be sporting ACTAS kit for the 2010, I started considering the idea of designing my own personal kit. Although I am very proud of my local cycling club (Canberra Cycling Club) and would be honoured to race in club colours, it was suggested to me that I get some personal sponsors on board and ride in my own kit to try and promote myself as a rider and get some much needed financial assistance.

A close cycling friend of mine Tiffany Cromwell, a rider from South Australia currently competing with the Australian National Team, is a freelance fashion designer whose kit I have been flaunting for the last couple of months. She runs her own fashion label Tiffany Jane and I am loving her Signature kit in Black and the Star Gazer kit in white and pink. The clothing has all the features you are looking for in a quality kit from the fresh and unique design to the breathable and comfortable material it is created with.

As a big fan of Tiff's work, I thought who better to design my kit then Tiff herself! And before I knew it she had come back to me with a design better than anything I could possibly have imagined...I love it!! Thanks heaps Tiff :)

I am currently in discussions with some clothing manufacturers to help put this kit into reality, but hopefully i'll be sporting my new kit in no time!!!

Until then, check out the design and let us know what you think!!!





I will post a progress report in the next couple of days of all things on and off the bike! I have an interview with the PR people from Lorna Jane on Tuesday so fingers crossed it goes well!!

Take care
xx

No comments: