Monday, December 1, 2008

ACTAS Road Camp: Day 3

Today: rest day: thank god. I was pretty shattered after my ride yesterday and woke up to the sound of rain, thankful that it was a rest day and I wouldn’t have to venture out in the more than unfriendly weather conditions which presented itself to us. On our schedule was a much awaited for coffee shop ride, but we definitely had to work for it! It was probably one of the hardest rec rides I think I’ve ever had to do! Being situated in a little valley, the only way to get out of Kiama was up and so our 35km ride proved to be challenging in some parts (well for me at least). But the berry frappe I had soon made me forget the pain in my legs and the cute clothes shops were really nice, and had fabulous cheap clothes! Probably best I was in my riding stuff…otherwise I would have bought half the shop! I didn’t do much for the rest of the day, which was really nice! It is great now that I’ve finished school and the feeling that ‘I should be dong something, not relaxing’ is finally gone.. well for now at least! And I was enjoying sitting on the veranda reading trashy magazines without a care in the world! We watched and laughed the video of ourselves struggling up the climbs and had a lovely bbq put on by Glen and the rest of the crew which was delicious (when it was finally ready :P…to their credit, the bbq was really dodgy and they ended up cooking the meat in the oven…). We are really spoilt!
So another day has been ticked off the calendar, and I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s ride where we are going to climb Macquarie Pass!

No comments: